Thursday, January 14, 2010

Brown Bear, Brown Bear and Little Brown Shoes

Does your child love this book? Because mine is OBSESSED with it right now. This is 100% fine with me because quite honestly she hasn't been too crazy about reading books until now. Being the avid reader that I am this hurts my heart. She has always "liked" book for about a nano second and then she's ready for the next one. She likes to hold them so maybe one day that will translate into liking to read them too! Anyway, she's taken a sudden strong interest in this book. It is precious and I love, love, love reading it to her no less than 5 times before bed.


This is her favorite page:






I digress a bit now. The other day I was at home by myself- Tony was traveling and Anna Claire was at daycare because I had some studying to do- and I took a break to do a little cleaning. I walked by the little brown shoes pictured below about 3 times in the hallway and never thought anything about them (I'm not an OCD person so while things might bother me a bit if they aren't picked up they really don't bother me enough to do something about it right away. I secretly wish I was more OCD). Then as I continue my cleaning I start to get frustrated as to how 3 people can make such a mess- and one of them only weighs 20 lbs!!!!! Why, why, why? Well at the height of my frustrations I walked out of my bedroom again and saw these same little brown shoes but this time I saw them in a different light. I am beyond thankful to have a beautiful, healthy daughter to fill these shoes and to make the messes that I clean up night after night. Life is too short and I'm already seeing that our children grow up way too fast to worry about petty little things like making sure everything is picked up neatly every night. I know that I will blink my eyes and these little brown shoes will be much bigger shoes and I will long for the days of getting to rock her to sleep every night. AND her little shoes are just so cute that they made me giggle:)


2 comments:

Katie said...

Thomas's favorite book and favorite page too. Our kids are soul mates :)

Loved this one.

Lori said...

Emma never really got into Brown Bear. She is a big reader so we got her a tag for Christmas and it reads the story for them and lets them play fun games on the pages! She has loved it! Her fave. book that we have to read is Going on a Bear Hunt! If you go to my blog you will see that she has it memorized!